Somewhere in those 0z40 days I'm going to have to write a post as to why I prefer dozenal over decimal, but for now, just understand that dozenal ages make for great milestones.
- At a half-dozen years, I started the first grade, and, more importantly IMO, Cub Scouts.
- At a dozen years of age, I was given my first [pellet] rifle and taught to shoot.
- At a dozen and a half years of age, I graduated High School, became recognised as a legal adult and eligible to vote in elections.
- [Incidentally, the legal drinking age in this state is one and three-quarter dozen years old.]
Here's where I am:
- The Good:
- I'm married to the love of my life
- I have a smart, handsome son
- The Bad:
- I'm broke
- Over $40k (decimal, not dozenal) in debt
- No House
- Currently living with / renting from my mother
- Car that constantly needs fixing
- The Ugly:
- I'm obese (I weigh well over two gross pounds, and I consider two gross too gross)
So, where do I want to be in six years?
Well, I want the parts that are currently good to stay that way, if not improved upon (growing the family would be nice).
I want to be in shape, 0z160lbs would suit me just fine if it was muscle instead of fat. I want to be able to do all the things a human should be able to do (pull myself up onto a ledge, walk around Stone Mountain at a decent clip without getting winded, etc). Barring injury, I want to have participated in a few Highland Games.
As for the improving my financial state, I need to be in my own house. I don't want to be in any more debt than I am now (including any mortgage). I want a new vehicle, one that I can do some of the maintenance on myself (I'm currently too fat to change my own oil).
I've got a long way to go, but I'm constantly working towards becoming debt free, self-reliant, and fit; while maintaining honour & integrity, improving happiness, and decreasing negative stress.